Smart Thermostat Incentives
FirstEnergy’s Pennsylvania Utilities Energy Efficient New Homes Program participating builders are now eligible for additional Smart Thermostat Incentives!
Smart Thermostat Incentives:
For all homes that qualify for the program, an additional $50 incentive is available for homes with an ENERGY STAR® certified Smart Thermostat.
|ENERGY STAR Certified||$50 per home|
- Provide geotagged photos of the installed thermostat including make, model, and serial number.
- All thermostats must be installed and in operating condition.
- Ability to learn household patterns and adjust heating and cooling according to when a home is occupied or is about to be occupied.
- Reduces the use of heating and cooling systems when the home is unoccupied for significant periods of time.
- Can track energy usage to see how it changes over time, and how it may affect energy costs in the future.
- Opportunity to monitor and control the temperature remotely!